Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What I Did Today

I took a vacation leave today. Taking a leave from my work is like a solar eclipse that only happens once in a while. As in as rare as a human visits the moon.Ganun, kahirap ang proseso but today I had to take one because my daughter had her "Field Demo". A " Field Demo" is an activity you do in elementary and highschool where in you dance with props and colorful costumes which will be a part of your PE practical test. Unfortunately, I was late. In other words, I was not able to watch her but her teacher-in-charge promised me that she will give me a copy of the video.Oh well, just got to look at the brighter side. I saw an old teacher, Mrs. De Guzman. She was my Filipino teacher when I was in Gr. 4 and now my daughter's Social Studies teacher. I also saw a college friend and a batchmate (my original batch,if you know what I mean. I was also able to spend a few hours with my good friend, Mia. Who kept me company while waiting for my daughter to be dismissed. No regrets, all is well and done. I was just glad I was able to take the day off and it was worth it.I read in a passage written by Ralph Marston. It says,
"Today is real and today is now available for you. Bring it to life in your own special way."

what are you waiting for?


Here are some pictures I took after they performed. At least I was able to get some...:)







The field demonstrator.
Bianca and her best friend, Rocio since preschool. Cuties!

All messed up and sweaty but still a cutie to her mother's eyes.lining up to go back to their classroom.

A face only a mother could love.

I'd also like to thank Teacher Pao for making these pictures possible.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Bianca looks great! Hindi na sya payatot. Go mommy Fids!

Alyannah can't wait to go home and see her ate Bianca again.